Skip to main content

Getting Ready for Fun in the Sun Part 2

Getting Ready for Fun in the Sun Part 2!!! 

Hello everyone!!! I hope that you are all doing well! Since summer is quickly approaching I figured in this blog I should cover a few pieces of styling advice I have for choosing swimsuits for a petite frame. I know that I have written a previous blog post about this however I think it does not hurt any to add a few more tips to choosing swimwear. I hope you find these additional tips useful. I decided that selecting a good variety of styles over these past two blog posts will help fit everyone’s personal style! Enjoy:) 

1.Feel free to try a wrap book top swimsuit! This type of bikini tops wraps around your torso to accentuate your curves. In addition, this particular style of swimsuit is also a great option if you want a feminine flair to your look. I believe a wrap too is overall flattering for each petite body type whether you are a rectangle, pear, apple, or hourglass figure. A wrap top is great at flattering your waist as this swimsuit wraps around your torso. 

2. Choose a swimsuit with a deep V neck cut! A deep V neck is typically very favorable for this with a petite figure. A V neck is very flattering because this type of cut helps elongate the appearance of your figure making you look taller and more proportional! Also this type of style can help lengthen your neck as well as balance out a round face. 

3. Select an off the shoulder style swimsuit (in a one-piece or a two-piece). An off the shoulder top is quite flattering for those with a petite frame as this style shows a bit more skin around the chest, neck, and arms. By showing a little bit more skin the body proportions seem more elongated and balanced creating a very complimentary look. This tip applies to non-swimwear clothing as well! 

4. Do not be afraid to have fun with swimsuit shopping and try new things! Although these tips are a helpful guide feel free to choose items that are flattering to you and your style! The best part about any swimwear look is the confidence you have wearing it! 

I hope these tips will help you on your shopping trip for swimwear, especially right in time for summer! Thank you all so much for reading! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week! 

Much love! 
Angela Toth 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!!!

Hello everyone!!! Welcome to Angela's Petite Fashion Survival Guide! As a girl sizing up to the massive height of 5'0" tall, I have had my fair share of fashion disasters. This includes all the dreaded long baggy jeans, awkward length skirts and shopping in the children's section. But through all these fashion nightmares, I have also found a love for clothing and how much it has to offer in regards to personal creativity. To me, clothing is an outlet to show who you are whether it be to stand out with a bold print, reference a previous age with a vintage look or keeping it simple with athleisure. So, with all the opportunities that clothing gives to us, I feel like there is not a super inclusive place for petite women in the fashion industry. Because of this, I am creating this blog as an outlet to showcase my adventures as a petite shopper. Through this journey, I look forward to sharing all the ups and downs as well as the tips for surviving clothing shopping as a ti

Finally, JACKETS and COATS!

Finally, JACKETS and COATS! Hello everyone!!! I hope that you are all doing well! I think today would be a wonderful day to talk about some styling tips regarding jackets and coats! Jackets are a huge part of our lives (especially those who live in the Northern States). I have found that jackets for petite women are either a homerun or a downright no. So, I have put together a list of ideas on how to style and select your coats and jackets. I am so excited to show you some tips on how to choose jackets and coats to flatter a petite frame. I hope you enjoy these ideas and find them useful! As always feel free to add your own style to this advice and have fun!   1. Choose a wrap-around coat ! As mentioned in my swimwear advice wrap around anything is flattering for petite frames! These types of items can help accentuate your waistline. Also you can adjust the tightness of the belt which is great for shorter women. I have found these types of jackets to be wonderful as many times coats

Blouses, Shirts, and Tops Part 2

Blouses, Shirts, and Tops Part 2 Hello everyone!!! I hope that you are all doing well! I’ve decided that today would be a great day to discuss some tips regarding shirt styling. I know that I have covered some tips regarding shirts in my previous blog post but knowing more never seems to hurt! So, I have put together another list of ideas on how to style your shirts to make you look taller and slimmer. Below are a new few pieces of advice on how to choose shirts, blouses, and tops to flatter a petite frame. I hope you enjoy these ideas and find them useful:)  Try to stay away from bulky or highly textured garments. Although these items are typically very cute and trendy they may not complement a petite frame. Unfortunately sweaters and other textured items may appear boxy or bulky. I have tripled many times to wear those big fluffy winter sweaters but they typically do not flatter my figure very well. However if you really enjoy this style pick a thin sweater or garment to he