Skip to main content

Jeans, Skirts and More!

Jeans, Skirts and More!

Hello everyone!!! I hope that you are all doing well this week. On this lovely Saturday I will be covering a few pieces of styling advice I have for pants and petite fashion.

  1. Wear bell-bottomed jeans! I know this tip is quite out of the box however I am extremely biased toward retro denim or retro denim inspired looks. I have found that jeans with a flare at the bottom help elongate the look of your legs which is particularly useful for those with a petite figure. This is especially true is you pair these jeans with a shoe with a little bit of a heel (or a lot of bit of a heel if you are feeling spunky). Also, if full bell bottoms are not your cup of tea you could always opt for a slightly flared jean to achieve the same effect! 
  2. Another pant styling tip I have for you is to go for high-waisted pants or bottoms. High waisted pants not only bring you in at the waist to flatter your figure but they also elongate the appearance of your legs! You could even go crazy and wear high waisted bell bottoms!!! 
  3. Always make sure that your skirts fall to your knee or just above it! This is because skirts longer than this (particular maxi skirts) can often overwhelm your petite figure. Also, skirts below the knee can make you look a bit shorter. However, if you do want a maxi skirt choose one with a slit in it as the slit will create a sense of balance to the look. 
  4. Avoid low rise jeans! Low rise jeans tend to cause you to lose length from your legs making you appear shorter. Although to be honest I do not think low-rose jeans are flattering for anyone at any height. 

I hope these tips will help you on your shopping trip for pants or jeans! Thank you all so much for reading! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!  

Much love! 
Angela Toth  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome!!!

Hello everyone!!! Welcome to Angela's Petite Fashion Survival Guide! As a girl sizing up to the massive height of 5'0" tall, I have had my fair share of fashion disasters. This includes all the dreaded long baggy jeans, awkward length skirts and shopping in the children's section. But through all these fashion nightmares, I have also found a love for clothing and how much it has to offer in regards to personal creativity. To me, clothing is an outlet to show who you are whether it be to stand out with a bold print, reference a previous age with a vintage look or keeping it simple with athleisure. So, with all the opportunities that clothing gives to us, I feel like there is not a super inclusive place for petite women in the fashion industry. Because of this, I am creating this blog as an outlet to showcase my adventures as a petite shopper. Through this journey, I look forward to sharing all the ups and downs as well as the tips for surviving clothing shopping as a ti

Finally, JACKETS and COATS!

Finally, JACKETS and COATS! Hello everyone!!! I hope that you are all doing well! I think today would be a wonderful day to talk about some styling tips regarding jackets and coats! Jackets are a huge part of our lives (especially those who live in the Northern States). I have found that jackets for petite women are either a homerun or a downright no. So, I have put together a list of ideas on how to style and select your coats and jackets. I am so excited to show you some tips on how to choose jackets and coats to flatter a petite frame. I hope you enjoy these ideas and find them useful! As always feel free to add your own style to this advice and have fun!   1. Choose a wrap-around coat ! As mentioned in my swimwear advice wrap around anything is flattering for petite frames! These types of items can help accentuate your waistline. Also you can adjust the tightness of the belt which is great for shorter women. I have found these types of jackets to be wonderful as many times coats

Blouses, Shirts, and Tops Part 2

Blouses, Shirts, and Tops Part 2 Hello everyone!!! I hope that you are all doing well! I’ve decided that today would be a great day to discuss some tips regarding shirt styling. I know that I have covered some tips regarding shirts in my previous blog post but knowing more never seems to hurt! So, I have put together another list of ideas on how to style your shirts to make you look taller and slimmer. Below are a new few pieces of advice on how to choose shirts, blouses, and tops to flatter a petite frame. I hope you enjoy these ideas and find them useful:)  Try to stay away from bulky or highly textured garments. Although these items are typically very cute and trendy they may not complement a petite frame. Unfortunately sweaters and other textured items may appear boxy or bulky. I have tripled many times to wear those big fluffy winter sweaters but they typically do not flatter my figure very well. However if you really enjoy this style pick a thin sweater or garment to he